Wednesday, May 2

truth in advertising

There is a blog that i read and so enjoy for it's wit and honesty, today she posted about blogs lately being all sunshine and roses. although i don't think shes referring to me in honor of the lovely and talented Sandra
@ http://jazzieandtahlia.typepad.com/my_weblog/
I give you, the reality of my day with four kids under 11.
we were up at 6:30 am when i awoke to Ellie's pull up on the floor (needless to say she wasn't in it)
the big kids were up at 7, Mitch still had homework from the night before and was actually late to school because he couldn't finish it ( i made him go to be last night, probably a bad call) we got the big kids off to school and mom and i tried to clean up the back yard. during that hour or so Ellie just kept yelling up up up up up up up up up up (i think you get it) so we gave up on that pretty quickly. we got through lunch and nap time without too much of a fuss. the big kids came home promptly followed by "mom, can i eat this, mom, can i eat that, mom, Ellie's eating my....., Connor ate the last ....." ( i think you get it) and i am a MORON, cuz i thought, hey let's bake some cookies, Ha have i mentioned I'm an idiot. got the cookies baked but the entire time ellie is ( alternately sitting in her high chair, laying on floor) yelling uh uh uh (her words for "iwant to eat some of that now") after all the kids eating more then there share of said cookies we ended the day with a rousing round of Human Fountain in the living room. so I'm off to clean up (i should be done some time before the Apocalypse). have a great night

3 comments:

LaLa said...

Yeah...I love ready Sandra's posts and now I get to read yours too. Sounds like you have a full house : )

Anonymous said...

I hear you sista!! Thanks for joining me in the "not so bright and sunny days"!

Steffie B. said...

Just found your blog off of Sandra's. My day was today. Cranky teething baby, a 2 year old saying No I don't want to and a teenager whose room looks like a tornado went through it!